Conditions we treat with HBOT
Holland Biomedical Clinic treats conditions approved by the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS) and those that are not approved (considered “Off -Label Conditions”). Contact us today for more information or to schedule a consultation.
The following is a list of conditions that have been approved by UHMS and are usually covered by insurance.
- Air or Gas Embolism
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Clostridial Myositis and Myonecrosis (Gas Gangrene)
- Crush Injury, Compartment Syndrome and Other Acute Traumatic Ischemias
- Decompression Sickness
- Arterial Insufficiencies
- Central Retinal Artery Occlusion
- Enhancement of Healing In Selected Problem Wounds
- Severe Anemia
- Intracranial Abscess
- Necrotizing Soft Tissue Infections
- Osteomyelitis (Refractory)
- Delayed Radiation Injury (Soft Tissue and Bony Necrosis)
- Compromised Grafts and Flaps
- Acute Thermal Burn Injury
- Idiopathic Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss
While the conditions listed above are approved by the UHMS, a majority of the conditions that we provide treatment for at our facility are not. Since opening, we have been successfully providing treatment for the following “off-label” conditions:
- Traumatic Brain injuries
- Lyme Disease
- Athletic Injuries
- Cerebral Palsy
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Intracranial Pressure
- Gastrointestinal Issues
- AND MORE
Other “off-label” conditions not listed above have been successfully treated using hyperbaric oxygen therapy at Holland Biomedical Clinic. The lists will periodically be updated as research is expanded. Please contact us with questions you may have regarding specific conditions.
Our patients should be able to crawl into a hyperbaric chamber with minimal assistance from staff, and sit/lie for a period of at least 90 minutes. We can only treat non-emergent, non-critical, ambulatory patients at this time.
Contact us for supporting information and research on any of these conditions.